Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Programmer's day!!!

Hi Programmers,

Best wishes from the fake software tester for a wonderful and bug-free "Programmer's day" :) !!! Yes, for those who don't know what I am talking about, Sep 13 and Sep 12 (in a leap year) is celebrated as Programmer's day, at least in Russia!!! And I am not surprised.

The logic behind this is to celebrate the 256th day of the year as the Programmer's day. As you know, 256 was chosen since it can be represented with an 8-bit style. But, I have the following question behind celebrating the 256th day.

Don't you guys think that your counting should start from Day-0 and celebrate Day 256 (which'd fall on Sep 14 and Sep 13 on leap years) as a programmer's day? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe we can log a defect against the above logic :) !!!

And What about a tester's day? Maybe it can be celebrated the following day, for the simple reason that testing follows development. Happy Tester's day too!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOL - do we start with Day-0 or Day-1? I vote for Day-1 cuz I like the number 256 (2 to the power of 8) - maybe that's because I'm a programmer. or maybe we have TWO programmer days!
    Jeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd choose more testing days, day zero, day one, random day in between 0 and 256, 256 or 257. I know my partition testing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be day 0, or day 1, or random day in between 1 and 256, 255, 256 or 257. Use your partitions, man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd choose more testing days, day zero, day one, random day in between 0 and 256, 256 or 257. I know my partition testing...

    ReplyDelete